Deciding to become a foster family is a big decision. Here are some questions to consider as you think about applying to become a therapeutic foster parent with our program.
- Do you think you can love a child and accept him or her into your home providing the foundation for lifelong connections?
- Do you have realistic expectations regarding child development?
- Are you willing to learn about child abuse and neglect, and other traumas that foster children and their families experience?
- Are you willing to advocate for the children in your home?
- Are you willing to mentor the child’s biological parents?
- Do you understand that you can’t do this alone, and will ask for help?
- Do you understand that not all information about a child may be known at the time they are placed in your home and that as information is learned it will be shared with you?
- Are you in good physical, emotional and mental health?
- Are you financially stable?
- Are you organized enough to keep track of paperwork related to foster children in your care?
- Are you willing and able to provide for a child’s physical and emotional needs?
- Are you willing to go through the intensive licensing process that will include assessment of your family, home and life?
- Do you want to make a connection?
If you have answered ‘YES’ to these questions, we look forward to hearing from you and sharing more information about our Beyond Fostering Therapeutic Foster Care Program!
Contact us now!